Saturday, July 24, 2010

They say it's YouR BIRTHDAY!

Today is my birthday. I know that it’s not popular to be in love with your birthday and that I should somehow be sad that I am getting older, but I have to tell you, I think that mindset is completely ridiculous.

I am not sad about my age.

I am never sad about my birthday!

I get excited every time it rolls around and this year, I am 36, and just as thrilled to be 36 as I was to be 26. I love Birthdays! …and to be more specific, I love MY birthday!

I actually have a friend who turned 50 this year. She didn’t want a party and you have never seen someone so opposed to turning 50! I have to tell you, I don’t get that. Did her making us ignore her birthday somehow make her still stay 49? Nope. She’s still 50, gorgeous, and amazing.

My sister freaked out when she turned 30. Seriously, she F R E A K E D O U T. You know what? She’s 33 today. Freakin’ out didn’t make it stop and time still goes by.

I am so not sad about 36! Age does not scare me because I remember 26.

At 26: excited about who I was and where I was going
At 36: amazed at where God has taken me and who He wants me to be

At 26: two babies at home that needed constant care and attention
At 36: four kids that pretty much take care of themselves

At 26: trying to figure out how to please my husband
At 36: husband needs clean clothes, food in any form, sleep, and love

At 26: trying to somehow fit in, STILL
At 36: love me or leave me, God placed me right here

At 26: annoyed that I am so freakin’ tall and nothing fits
At 36: why is everyone else so freakin’ short? …and I know where to shop

At 26: trying to fit the “mold”
At 36: just a lump of clay allowing God to constantly mold me

~Being 36 is being comfortable with who God has designed me to be and finding out that His plan is perfect but that doesn’t mean that I am.

~I am not sure why I had to be so tall to fit into that plan, but I love that the step stools in my house are for all of my short friends that come to visit and not me. I can totally see on top of my fridge without one. Beat that!

I love that turning 36 means that God has blessed me with another year.

36 years old, 5 feet 11 inches tall, slightly chubby, always smiling, 4 kids, 14 years of marriage.

…that is God’s best for me.

Bring it on.

1 comment: